Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us Your Top 10 Coins Of 2018

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I struggled to get something like the format of the original post into a powerpoint slide, but then couldn't figure out how to post it So ... less compact. Three new saints, then my medieval Polish expansion:

1.Berne Dicken 1490s. St. Vincent

2.Wismar Doppelschilling 1563. St. Lawrence

3. Lucca Scudo 1756. St. Martin

4-6. Poland Malbork Trojaks 1592-94 (a lot that contained some near MS examples)

7. Poland Boleslaw II 1070-76

8. Poland Kazimierz III Kwartnik 1333-70

9. Poland Zygmunt II August Vilnius Trojak 1564

10. Poland Stefan Bathory Gros Gdansk 1579

Edited by tdziemia
12/19/2018 11:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1147 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdziemia

Those are wonderful coins. Also, if you want to use powerpoint just compose the slide take a screenshot and convert the screenshot to a jpg.
"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1147 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bob, I love those various blades. I was gifted a small bronze arrow tip recently and might have to add more.
"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Pillar of the Community
United States
4082 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2018  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful set of coins, Ted.
Learn More...
United States
22149 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  12:31 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some outstanding group of coins, Ted.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1202 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  04:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! Some wonderful coins being shown here guys!

@tdziemia....Love the -Lucca Scudo 1756- amazing detail right down to the little plants growing under the horse!

@orfew....Great collection and still love that Capricorn reverse!

@ancient67...I agree with Bob, beautiful Akanthos, the bulls face tells it all!

@AlRashid...Great Byzantine gold!

@Finn...Still really like the Khwarezm kingdom, Afrighid Dynasty Tetradrachm, with the 'Don Quijote'reverse.

@Bob....Looking forward to seeing how your collection will grow next year!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wonderful set of coins, Ted.

Thanks, Bob, and others. I'll have a busier work schedule in the spring, which will be very good for my wallet in 2019

Quote:
.Love the -Lucca Scudo 1756- amazing detail right down to the little plants growing under the horse!

Examples without wear in the center of the shield command a big premium, but I was more interested in the imagery on the reverse, and indeed it's nice on this one. That's my one 2019 acquisition that's far from ancient or medieval, but I'd been looking for one for a while, and don;t think I've posted it here.
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
1142 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This year , as important coin , I bought only a tetradrachme of Alexander/Babylon,some small silver Greek coins , a few republican denarii and a lot of LRB .
I hope to buy end december a new style tetradrachma of Athens.
But I spended my budget beginning this year in a Greek bell crater , painted by the Anabates painter,Lucania,390/370 BC.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4082 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Albert, that is amazing! Beautiful. How I would love to own such a great artifact.

At a local coin show recently the dealer Allen Berman had some lovely Greek painted wares that he showed me and another customer up close. It was certainly memorable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1756 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing that spectacular work of art, antwerpen2306. I can only imagine how beautiful it must be in person.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Albert
Amazing piece.

Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlRashid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice greek vase albert. May I ask how much one of these cost ? I am also considering to buy one in future.
The only old pottery piece I have is a 2500 BC painted pottery from China Yangshao culture (Pre-Dynastic China) which I got for 3000 USD

Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AlRashid
You have quite the antiquities collection.
Nice piece.
Learn More...
United States
22149 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I enjoy seeing these ancient artifacts even though they are not coin related I allow them. Hope it's OK with the forum staff.
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2018  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlRashid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jskirwin. Yea I have this pottery and one more pottery from 1800 BC which I bought from a dealer in Israel that one is from Canaanites. I also have a Amlash Short sword which is 1500 BC but beside these all others are coins. This Chinese Yangshao pottery I got from a dealer in England what impressed me and to be honest was the reason I got this was that it came with a certificate of lab TL tests on it from Oxford Labs which proved it is authentic and from 2500 BC.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05