Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1938-D MS-64 CAC Buffalo Nickel Mega Toner Obverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 764Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
785 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  10:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I showed this one , but it was the still I had....this really shows off the color.....and now the reverse is starting to tone as well...just beginning....but my camera battery just died before I could get a shot off of the reverse.I really hope the back reverse is just a strong as the obverse one day. Time will tell.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
12/25/2018 11:00 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48878 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be intense, wish we could see it better!
Pillar of the Community
United States
785 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
only can be seen on an angle. and you have seen the stock photo. you can revisit it. but I will try again when the battery charges
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20934 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any chance of photos with more lighting?
Pillar of the Community
United States
785 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the camera won't pick up the color if I add more light. If you want to see a plain coin that I can do.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
12/25/2018 12:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
burnzy, it looks like you have some really nice coins, but the photos are not showing your coins at their best.

I use a desktop Ottlite with daylight LED bulbs that brings out the color on coins. The desktop lamp allows me to move the light around to get a straight on photo and capture the coin color. I use a dark or light background depending on the coin. My camera is a cheap point and shoot Canon. Here are a couple of samples of color.

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kurtles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Coin. Would love to see more pics under better lighting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
785 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I shoot the coin from straight on with any light on it shows no color whatsoever but I'll give that a go. they are at Walmart.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2018  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had my "OttLite Natural Daylight LED Flex Lamp" - White about 4 years. I got a recommendation to buy the daylight LED bulbs for coin photos, but I do not remember where it came from. Walmart is out of stock on the lamp, and they have a replacement for $73. This desklamp is getting hard to find as it appears it getting phased out. I found it on Amazon sold by Overstock.com for $54. Here is a photo of what I use.

Good luck on taking your photos. If you decide to buy, I hope it helps. If you do get it, I would be happy to give you some ticks I learned to bring out the color.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 764Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05