Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About BU Morgan Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Spain
68 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My friend has a BU 1889 Philadelphia Morgan he wants to sell. I kinda want it, but he is asking 120 euros, which seems excessive. I have been looking around and apparently the BU rating is something that is given to large lots of coins that are sent in to get them slabbed for a lower price. Thoughts?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3404 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless it is very high end, retail value is $50. If you post a pic, it can be better assessed.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1193 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BU covers a very wide range from $ 40.00 - $400.00

I think if they see mint luster it's BU Then they stop looking
Valued Member
Spain
68 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some pics:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1193 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry photos not very good
Valued Member
Spain
68 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would a video be better?
Valued Member
Spain
68 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to improve the lighting and focus:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1193 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if you can do that
Pillar of the Community
United States
3404 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Typical lower-end BU. Closer to the $40 value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1193 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea I thinking that coin is worth 45.00 euro at best
Pillar of the Community
United States
2429 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a 1889 Morgan NGC MS63 on the CCF Buy,Sell,Trade forum for $55. You would be eligible to purchase once you reach 50 posts. It looks like a better deal if the CCF member is willing to ship international.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2018  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worth about $40.
Valued Member
Spain
68 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2018  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your input everyone. I'm going to suggest a drastic reduction in price to my friend and if he declines, I'll get it from somewhere else. Cheers.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05