Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Triton Bid For Nero Double Faced Tetradrachm I am Hoping to Get

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
167 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2018  4:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AlRashid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys

Triton starts this week and I am so eager on coin below. How much do you guys think it worth ? I like get the coin but don't want to pay over price. keep in mind that I am bidding online and can not attend in live floor bidding so need to put a bid that increases the chance as I wont get second chance to increase my bid once it goes to floor bidding

https://cNGCoins.com/Coin.aspx?CoinID=371723
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3990 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2018  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As it is a CNG auction, I think it will reach $500, but in other auction houses, perhaps it might not - but it is an exceptionally nice example. The example below, from a time in Nero's reign when Antioch's celators were producing a different style of bust, sold for $320:

A great website for getting the feel of the value of a coin is coinarchive. It lets you search for old auctions and see the prices realised.https://www.coinarchives.com/a/resu...&results=100. If a coin is rare, it might not have many examples shown. Of course, the only true measure of a coin's value is how much you are willing to part with to own it - if there is something you want, sometimes its worth overspending a little, even if you do have to sell it at a loss later on.
Valued Member
Canada
167 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlRashid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ben. Yea I know sometimes wr pay more it happened to me few times that I over payed as I liked a coin alot. But this time I am trying to be readonable and not put myself in too much loss if need to be resold in future. Does the coin archive show the sold price for free or I need to pay for subscription? I know acsearch does the same but not for free
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
3990 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2018  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see price realised and I've never paid them anything (as far as I can remember, anyway - I think you might need an account?)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05