Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Red Pennys 1944-1945-1946 Red Label Seems To Be Heck Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  1:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Red labeles red pennys 1944-1945-1946 I know a little about them I bought some books but none of them tell me about varietes of coins I have.Do you know what is the wright book

Edited by pawcio
01/09/2019 1:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What the heck is a heck penny.

goog tells me Penny Heck, age 63
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2341 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not aware of any varieties of UK pennies from those years, or at least none are listed in krause. They look like very common well-worn examples, one of which has tape residue on it.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
163 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pwa 1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are minor varieties of these but the only one that really is worth a premium is the 1946 ONE flaw (dot).
There is a raised dot after the E in ONE that is easy to spot if you find one and scarce /rare in grades of EF +.
Another worth looking for is the 1944 with the last 4 over a tooth and the top to centre of the wave.
You can also get all three that have missed the mint toning and are a normal colour rather than dark ,although you really need them in high grade as the hypo they were dyed with can ware off over time.
The varieties mainly are recut digits and really need to be seen in hand.
Millions of all three dates and are common unless you have a GEM that will look really glossy as if only minted yesterday.
Edited by pwa 1967
01/09/2019 6:32 pm
United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1946 dot 1944 as you said you are really helpfull pwa1967 thanks

Valued Member
United Kingdom
249 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not a 1946 dot flaw, not a 1944 last 4 to tooth.
None of these three pennies have any value.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1331 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1331 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The initial book I recommend is Collectors coins Great Britain.
If you are serious a copy of Freeman and I respectively suggest a book on grading UK coins.
All these are published by Rotographic (from Predecimal.com or Amazon)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05