Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Morgan, Be Gentle With Your Grade 1884 CC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Welp, last one today, I promise. Hit me, I have a box of tissues on stand-by. I don't see any scratches/looks of cleaning. BUT, what is causing the cloudiness(?)?

Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6777 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63. could have seen a dip. not a huge fan of the obverse but its better than a sharp stick in eye
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
not a huge fan of the obverse but its better than a sharp stick in eye

Now that's funny! I'm not a big fan of it but it is what I got in a roll. I will eventually replace it, I have another one of this year and an '82. Until then, it's mine...LOL I have a couple more with this cloudiness, so I should consider them dipped also I guess.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What cloudiness? that's what they should look like. MS64
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
31375 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably the best-looking dollar you've put up. 63++, shot 64.
Pillar of the Community
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one looks pretty nice, surfaces look unmolested from here. I like how your lighting makes the contact marks stand out in contrast, making it pretty easy to grade. I'd agree with a premium MS63 and a coin I'd be proud to own
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this one worth sending in to NGC?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That coin is worth $220.00 you make that call. I say no
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15586 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64. Nice frosty original surfaces. Lots of slabbed coins out there so save your money.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6160 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
solid 64
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at 63.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collectinsince65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beauty! I'm in at ms 63. There is not a big value difference between ms 62 and ms 64 slabs. I'd save my money slabbing this beauty.
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thanks ya'll! I'll have to look for some slabs CCs sounds like. If I find one, would I be able to easily sell this one, or is it mine for life? Either way I'm happy with it, just want to end up with all slabs. I *joined* NGC, so I have what, 3, 4 coins I can get slabbed for joining? Is that how it works? Was $149.
Valued Member
Canada
85 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eternallogan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
63 with a shot at 64, nice coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
7882 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63, very nice!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05