Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1919 Penny Bird`s Foot Exist

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  2:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1329 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don`t know this kind of IQ test sorry
Valued Member
United Kingdom
248 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

No bird's foot there.
United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know where to look to find it?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
248 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don`t know what makes you think this is bird`s foot,this does not even look like any bird`s foot.Bird`s foot is in the right corner of neck it looks like scratches,four scratches pointed to IND like the bird walks to IND direction
Valued Member
United Kingdom
248 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bird's foot is a recognised variety and has been known for decades. Anyone having even a bare minimum of numismatic knowledge knows about this, knows what it looks like, and knows where to find it, or at least we thought we did. Thank heavens you have come along to point out how stupid we all have been for so many years.
I suggest you go away and do some research because at the moment with each successive post all you are doing is making yourself look more foolish.
The marks on the base of the neck which you refer to are the initials BM. These are for Bertram Mackennal, the designer.
Edited by Hogarth
01/10/2019 4:02 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
248 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Oh, and just in case the 'four scratches' you refer to on your own penny are these I have highlighted; that's all they are, four scratches.

United Kingdom
28 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pawcio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ofcourse this is known for decades the same as H and KN mint marks wchich are valuable.Isn`t the bird`s foot I showed you treated as KN mint mark?There are BM initials and you should know how this is made but you don`t.Show me penny from this year with no initials,you just suggested they exist
Valued Member
United Kingdom
248 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Peter. HELP!
He's still in the JCB and is still going mental with it.
Edited by Hogarth
01/10/2019 4:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1329 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
H & kN 1d's are only valuable in high grade.Just a few in VF or less.
Your 1d has no BM because it is a silhouette and worn away.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1329 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he is working his way to this;
SDozeZFKD2Y

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Valued Member
United Kingdom
248 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Brilliant.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05