Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Display Idea With Pictures.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SilverKeeper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There may be something like this, but I haven't seen one.

As I mentioned earlier, I would upload a picture of my coin display idea. The first picture is of your normal table top type displays. Easels, wood storage boxes (some with glass tops). But it's kinda limited in variety. I like to actually see my favorite pieces while in the office or den, and I switch them out every few weeks, just to keep it changing and fresh. And my family (grand kids, especially) love to see them on display. I've influenced a few friends and familiy members to start collecting this way. And they love how each visit has something different on display.

The second and third picture is my new display idea. I took a base from a figurine display. This slowly rotates and uses LED's to light up the object. And I added a glass top from another type of display. I call it my museum display. (: You can change the colors, slowly rotate the piece, or just keep it turned off and stationary. Family loves it. I like it.

Valued Member
United States
417 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is cool!
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverKeeper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I was thinking of making one for horse blankets as well. Maybe put a couple of them back to back. I saw a nice glass rectangle about 3" by 9" on eBay that would work perfect. (:
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump.

I have always been leery of displaying my coins. not worried about them growing legs, just seems that because they are so small it's hard to appreciate them in a static display.

I'd like to have a Pixstar Digital Picture Frame. This device let's you upload pics to a website which are then displayed on a self contained LCD display as a slideshow. You can pause, rewind, ff, etc.

You can allow other people to upload pics if you want. Pretty cool.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9802 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed this the first time around. Nice idea, SilverKeeper!

@joecoin, I see your point, but there's something about the real thing spinning around right in front of you. maybe someone could invent a holographic version of the Pixstar Digital Picture Frame and combine the two concepts?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18146 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive display. Looks like something to be sold.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just carl wrote on 25 Jun 2019 @ 0808:

Quote:
Very impressive display. Looks like something to be sold.
*** Edited by Staff to add Quote tags. Please use them in the future. ***

Edited by dd27
06/27/2019 10:30 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05