Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nwtm, Good Investment?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  12:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just picked up some Northwest Territory Mint 1 oz rounds, are these decent rounds to have? I had not heard of this mint but there has been a recent run on silver at the shop I was at, they were all they had. They did not even have any 1 or 10oz bars which is what I prefer. Picked up 80 of them, all look good and shoot at .999 so atleast all silver.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know that they will ever command a premium but it is still silver.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3661 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I own a bit of silver, but for investment purposes? Never.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I own a bit of silver, but for investment purposes? Never.

For a real investment, I would go a different way. I love the silver and look at them as a hedge against my investments. While I recently lost more than I care to admit in the market, my silver stayed constant. It's up a little, not enough to call it a real gain, it is keeping my over-all retirement plan somewhat on level ground.
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silvercoin2011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint went bankruptcy if I remember well. So no more NWTM bars and rounds. Rounds will stay near spot. But bars will increase in premium. I sold already 1 oz bars for 3x $ when silver was 1x $ CAD !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05