Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1940 P Cent What Grade Will It Be? Thank You Experts In Advance

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ernest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
4347 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58. Nice PIDT!
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4099 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A less technical term is 'ghosting'. The wear on the right wheat, is a pity.

I like it, a lot.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11417 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , you need a photo of the obverse for proper grade .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mamastinky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the reverse exhibits die wear; since the coin is mostly red, but exhibits subtle discoloration on only the highest spots, it appears to be an honest UNC RD. I can't tell from there from these photos.

Nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8711 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15975 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40303 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weak reverse, but 64RB. Where's the wear?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11417 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must show a photo of obverse before making a call !
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17464 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63RB
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ernest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks to all for helping me, I have two years looking for cents rolls for mistakes, doubles, and varieties. I have more than look different I will put them in the future thanks
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05