Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Notes Under A UV Light.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 2,001Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
742 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pics DaveL.
I'll experiment with the background light, thanks for the tip.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
742 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This Lebanon 50 livres came out quite nice, thanks Dave L for the 'mixing' some white light in tip.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
742 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kyrgyzstan 1 som

Pillar of the Community
Canada
933 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice photos "Scots" (I need to learn how to capture the notes in UV light one of these days- a whole new world/dimension to see on banknotes)
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As well as getting a different perspective about a banknote design and layout, UV can also be a good basic test for other certain/specific notes. I eventually proved.....against some other 'experts' that a piece was modern /a forgery, first by using UV on a known original and comparing it to a suspect note. We then had XRF testing (x-ray florescence) performed which proved it. Hope that helps? The process was quite long and drawn out, so I doubt I will ever do something similar again.
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating topic! Good to see it bumped so I could see it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other day I received a large-ish stack of world notes in from a recent ebay binge. I'm slowly working my way through them and putting them in albums, and one of the things I'm doing now as I catalog them is checking them with a UV flashlight for UV sensitivity. These two from Armenia are really cool. The threads fluoresce blue and yellow, the denomination is in a square box, and the SN pops too:

As a foot note, I have no idea how my iPhone took a better picture of the low-light / UV photo when I was using one hand to hold the UV flashlight than it did of the full light photo with both hands on the phone.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
623 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool... Thanks for sharing
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
742 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes CelticKnot, they came out well under UV.
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really cool thread here - I have always been a fan of the Lebanon tourism issue, and never knew about this!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another outstanding set of UV-sensitive notes from my latest ebay world money batch. Kyrgyzstan 1997 5 and 10 Som (P13 & P14). The security fibers fluoresce blue and yellow, the S/N orange, the denomination in the center of the note yellow, and and invisible denomination in a rectangle appears lower left. These are really cool notes.

Edited by CelticKnot
06/06/2020 01:26 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another Kyrgyzstan note with UV sensitivity, 2000 1 Som. Serial fluoresces in orange and an invisible large "1" in a yellow box shows in yellow in the center.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
742 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely pics
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 2,001Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05