Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1962 Washington Quarter- Very Nicely Toned

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2578 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  7:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got this for $5 from my local coin show. I loved the toning and had to get it. Is the toning natural? (Looks like it to me) What do you guys grade it? Thanks!

-CH27

CoinHunter27
Collector of US errors and variety coins of all kinds

"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent"
-Carl Sandburg
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40517 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears natural to me and most attractive. I'll say 65.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2578 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks!

-CH27
CoinHunter27

-Carl Sandburg
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15984 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful crescent toning! 65
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2578 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! It looks so much better in hand. I put it into an air tight so it doesn't tone any more. I want to keep it this way.

-CH27
CoinHunter27

-Carl Sandburg
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17545 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11444 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks natural here too . MS-64 , slight hit or scratch from neck to bottom of bust .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
4297 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65 for me as well, I would have paid $5 for it too, nice coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2009 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a scratch above the 2 in the date? Easy MS-64+ if there is no scratch, MS-66. Love it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1578 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2019  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin, toning looks natural. MS-64 only because of the hit on the neck.
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2019  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edthelorax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks natural to me. Very nice coin, especially for the price!!
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2019  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add superjess to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful natural coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2742 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
one of the more popular(3k+ reads) CCF threads dealing primarily with toned Wash 25C coins w/r/t natural vs artificial toning and their effects upon valuations etc ...

enjoy

Pillar of the Community
United States
2742 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2019  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, by the way, 65 and possibly 66 if I had tightly focused hi res shots of the surface to back up my guess...
Pillar of the Community
United States
8711 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2019  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65
Pillar of the Community
United States
2578 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2019  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! Took me a while to get back to this post but I appreciate all the comments. Thanks!

-CH27
CoinHunter27

-Carl Sandburg
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05