Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1980 Wide Date 10 Cent Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  7:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi , I was wondering if I have a 10 cent 1980 wide date.
The first photo is one of a few I was comparing it to. The 2nd photo is the one I'm wondering about. I hope the pics are good enough.
Thanks all.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6128 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Wide 0 Variety to me.
The Narrow 0 has a finer type style.
If you wait, all that happens is you get older.
Valued Member
Canada
279 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add castor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HI North of 49

The answer is on this assembly.

Edited by castor
02/10/2019 9:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7358 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing that castor.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't read French. Is the 9 with the round upper loop and thicker font the narrow or wide date?
Valued Member
Canada
279 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add castor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi okiecoiner

Here is

Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your thoughts on this.
Castor , thanks for the pics.
Learn More...
Canada
8251 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any chance of posting the images without all those silly arrows drawn all over them?
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
8251 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi SPP-Ottawa Here are the pictures without all those silly arrows drawn on them.

Nice try... next time, try not to violate Canadian Copyright laws...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
279 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add castor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SPP-Ottawa

As I want to make you happy I made you one without all these silly arrows shot on it.

Also did another editing or I removed the writing in case you ask.

I also put you a link or there are arrows that I do not find silly.

http://www.saskatooncoinclub.ca/art...rieties.html
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05