Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 Canadian Cent Blistered

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  11:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have a 2000 cent and am wondering should I get it graded and what you think the value may be.
Many thanks. :)

Edited by nancylou
02/11/2019 11:52 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6862 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would you want to get it graded.
The coin is damaged and only worth 1 cent.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD..I'm very new here but to state the obvious, if this is a coin that collectors would be interested in then I would go ahead and have it graded. However if it is not something that collectors are interested in then obviously I wouldn't.
I think it's a neat coin. Worth 1 cent or not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
715 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those look to be plating bubbles, if you push on one with a toothpick it will probably collapse . Once the zinc is exposed the coin will self destruct, over time
Edited by oldmike
02/11/2019 12:15 pm
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks oldmike!
Interesting to know, thank you for your time.
Okay just to update - I pushed on a few and none collapsed.
Edited by nancylou
02/11/2019 12:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2096 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the coin has been heated to the point of forming bubbles..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4428 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nancylou this is what you should be looking for. Your has the start of zinc rot.

Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree silverwolf.
mcshilling- I have a lot of those..
Edited by nancylou
02/12/2019 12:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7445 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zinc rot setting in.

If you have a lot of nice error coins like mcshilling's you should be posting them here.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
02/12/2019 3:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7445 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't do that.
Fewer than one in one thousand error coins are worth the price of grading.
If your new at this post them here first to avoid costly disappointment.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2019  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you DBM, I appreciate your advice. I will post my pretty ones when I get a chance to pick out my favs.&
Chase007 - I was asking for a reason..that's one reason for the forums. Have a happy day.
Learn More...
Canada
8407 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chase007's post was removed.... last thing we need here are sarcastic folks giving bad advice to new members...

Looking forward to seeing your other errors. I am an error collector myself, and I'll happily provide input on any you post.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you SPP-Ottawa. :)
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DBM - I have these but they are not errors are they?

Edited by nancylou
02/21/2019 11:25 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05