Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1956 F German 5 Mark

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  8:02 pm Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like an opinion on this coin. It is toned/tarnished, and possibly shows some light wear, but it also shows some PL. I've tried to capture that with a reflection, but can't quite do it justice.

My initial impression was that it is a proof coin. Once I saw the NGC reference showing a mintage of 23 for the proof, I became less convinced (but still hopefull).

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
32194 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does appear to be a proof, and I don't see any obvious signs of wear, so I'll venture PR-65.
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be something. I hope to hear some other opinions as well.
Valued Member
Canada
100 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loruca to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, sorry not a proof!
The proofs really jump out at you, also nowhere near 65...
The fields are pretty impaired. I would be almost tempted to relegate it to AU 58, but the lack of wear on the eagle's satin finish pushes me to say a technical 62.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16053 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, a proof-like AU-58.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
32194 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2019  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My foreign coin grading skills are understandably not in high demand.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05