Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1486 Guldiner:1953 Commemorative Restrike

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 591Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  08:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would love to have a high-grade original 1486 strike, but that would take some serious saving so I made do with this. The centre image has the edge displayed( in the correct orientation) I am guessing the 900 on the edge refers to the standard of silver

Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're probably correct. I'd also assume A - 900 to mean "Argentum 900".

Great piece by the way. If only it was the original 1486 piece. I think Zohar (a member here) is the only one in possession of one of those in the original strike.

In your grade, an original would probably run for 20K-30K.
Pillar of the Community
Austria
544 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2019  11:34 am  Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the A stands for the mint (VIENNA - A), the 900 is the silver purity (.900 = 90%) the remaining 10% are copper.

These were originally issued with a fabric pouch which were individually numbered.

A piece with the original pouch tends to sell for more and is hard to get hold of.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3174 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2019  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
love the restrike! The original is very pricey so a good substitute
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zohar444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 591Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05