Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1486 Guldiner:1953 Commemorative Restrike

 
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  08:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would love to have a high-grade original 1486 strike, but that would take some serious saving so I made do with this. The centre image has the edge displayed( in the correct orientation) I am guessing the 900 on the edge refers to the standard of silver


Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're probably correct. I'd also assume A - 900 to mean "Argentum 900".

Great piece by the way. If only it was the original 1486 piece. I think Zohar (a member here) is the only one in possession of one of those in the original strike.

In your grade, an original would probably run for 20K-30K.
Pillar of the Community
Austria
513 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2019  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the A stands for the mint (VIENNA - A), the 900 is the silver purity (.900 = 90%) the remaining 10% are copper.

These were originally issued with a fabric pouch which were individually numbered.

A piece with the original pouch tends to sell for more and is hard to get hold of.
Checkout my eBay Store: www.CoinWorldTV.com /// Quality World Coins and Medals Auction listings, starting as low as 99 Cents and Without Reserve! ///
Pillar of the Community
United States
3163 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2019  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
love the restrike! The original is very pricey so a good substitute
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zohar444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05