Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade On This 1817 N-7 Coronet Head Cent Please.

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
7096 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  3:29 pm Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just picked this up. Don't usually buy raw cents anymore, but the price was right at $53 shipped. Thoughts on grade? Coin is a bit rough, but so are seller pics. VerdiCare, and better lighting might help some. Thanks.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41503 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In its present state, I'd have to say VF details (ED).
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 Details
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41503 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not optimistic, but keep us informed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2383 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lots of meat left on the bone for that one. VF 30ish detail. Hopefully VerdiCare will help. Decent price for that coin I think.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7682 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF details. cleaned/corroded
Pillar of the Community
United States
7096 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for an XF details. Yes, the surfaces are a bit messed up, but I don't see a lot of wear.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9023 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at EF details. This old girl had a lot of meat on her when she went underground. Hopefully you can make a silk purse out of it when you get it in hand. Before and after pictures...
Member SSDC, TNA
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17850 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF details, environmental damage. Pitting too deep to save this one.
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RaleighCoinDeal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au details but heavy on corrosion
Pillar of the Community
United States
7096 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2019  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mod, if possible, would you please edit original title to say "after photos". Thanks. Lets say the sellers pics were the before. Here's the after: I only used VerdiCare, and it must have been recolored with something, because a lot of dark junk came off. Some of the lighter green verdigris came off, but some is too deep. This coin is a real piece of work, with lots of issues, but some nice details too. Something for everybody Not bad for the first pics with a Samsung Note 8 camera. Click on the photo for a closer view.

Edited by edweather
03/01/2019 9:59 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41503 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2019  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still at VF details. Wonderful pics, though!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2383 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2019  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
agree nice pics indeed!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7682 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2019  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the hair details, sharp date and more pronounced leave details I'm still at XF details corroded/cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2019  09:07 am  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
853 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that you can kind of make out the flow lines around parts of the rim.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05