Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collection Of Morgans From 1944 26 Coins.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2028 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  1:08 pm Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Long story short, my mother lives in a 55+ community and the topic of silver coins came up. One of her building mates said she had some dollar coins she was thinking about selling. Mom of course thought of me so during a visit last night she had her friend bring them over. I was thinking Eisenhowers with a 1922 Peace mixed in but when she brought in the bag of loose coins, I heard that familiar silver sound from the cloth bag. She dumped them out on the a cloth napkin and the 1st one I picked up was a beautiful 1894-O in AU-53 condition. I stopped and asked where they came from. She said her parents 1944 25th wedding celebration. I said oh boy this is going to be fun going through this time capsule. Better coins were 2 each 1894-O, 1 1894-S in solid VF, 1901-S in XF, 1904-S in Fine, 1898-s in AU and 4 1900-O that I need to check for O/CC. Only 1 1921 dated coin in the lot! If you've ever wondered what would be in a random selection of silver dollars back in 1944, this is it. Unfortunately half the coins were either polished, cleaned or both.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add j0b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Truly a silver anniversary gift
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42688 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about some close-ups of the better dates? We'd love to see them!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2028 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about some close-ups of the better dates? We'd love to see them!

Absolutely once I see them next to check for the possible O/CC coins.
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

Quote:
Absolutely once I see them next to check for the possible O/CC coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You struck gold...I mean silver! Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2028 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got down to mom's to see them again. There was 1 1900-O/CC VAM-11 1900-O VAM-29A Die crack and a strong 1900-O RPD VAM-? I took them to 2 LCS but the offers were too low so I've been charged to sell them. Many have been at least polished and some harshly cleaned.
Here is a link to a folder with close-ups https://imageshack.com/a/mzGo/1

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18723 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you make her an offer for all of them?
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05