Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would Like Some Info Please!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  5:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Short_spur42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i got a buddy that recently got some old coins from his great uncle that passed away. we are just curious as to exactly where they are from and how much they are possibly worth!! each sac that the coin is in say 500 and I think one even said 1 mil or 3 mil. which I'májust gonna assume that the 500's and the 1 or 3 mil, means money!! we would really appreciate any help with the locations an info on how they maybe possibly worth!!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
522 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10mils equal to 1 cent, Maltese coins.

top is Swedish I think, not sure.
A Finnish coin
German 5 mark coin
Taiwanese 5c or 10c
then not sure too much reflection
Maltese 1 cent
Pillar of the Community
United States
4851 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(6) The last coin dated 1957 is a Swiss coin (Helvetica in Latin). The Number on the reverse is the denomination in Rappen. They made 1 and 2 Rappen coins in bronze. These are common and circulated on a limited basis.

(5) The coin above it is a Lebanese Piastre from 1955 a small aluminum bronze coin with a mintage of 4,000,000.

(4) The Taiwanese (Republic of China) coin is a Chiao a small aluminum coin from 1955 with a mintage of about 1/2 billion.

(3) The coin above Chiang Kai-shek is an Austrian coin struck in zinc with the denomination 5 Groschen visible. These were issued for years after the end of WWII starting in 1948. Most are very common and if corroded are of very limited potential value. Easily confused with the German 5 Pfennig.

(2) The coin is from Finland. The reverse shows the denomination 25 Pennia, 50 Pennia or or Markka likely copper-nickel coins. However given the date range of the other coins I suspect it may be one of the iron Markka's issued in large numbers from 1948-1952 which tend to appear in high grades. The obverse of all these types are close to identical so the reverse would be needed to be sure.

(1) This is a Swedish 2 Ore struck in bronze from 1952-1971 common as a type it is of limited interest below EF-AU.

All of these are common world coins. They are all typically found in dealer junk boxes in the US for well under $1 each. The meaning of the notations on the sacks would be pure speculation. Most US dealers buy these for a couple dollars a pound.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4851 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2019  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
522 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  02:39 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Swamperbob, not worth much. Bob I was only going off the top of my head. Usually coins will have good value if they are silver content in them, unless they are rare date or rare varieties.
Learn More...
United States
73500 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Short_spur42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you a bunch!!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2019  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Short_spur42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The silver one is aluminum I think! Obly reason I say so is cause its so light and feels like fake kids money from dollar general!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8980 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  01:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3443 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  07:18 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. 1 is a Swedish 1 Íre 1952-1971, judging by the distance between the lines compared to No. 2 which should be a Finnish 1 Markka 1952, iron.

The 1 Íre coin looks polished to me.
"Always assume the lowest in value for best possibilities"
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05