Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1964 SMS 25c And 50c?!?!?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  9:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam6272 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For a while, I posted a new thread, about a SMS 1964 quarter... everyone wasn't exactly sure if it truly was a 1964 SMS quarter(The images weren't too great)... Since I found this quarter in my great grandfather's huge collection of coins, I didn't know either. But, then, after a while, it hit me to look for the other coins too...(Like the half dollar 1964 sms coin as well). Well, when I open the Half dollar silver bag that my grandfather sorted them into, STRAIGHT AWAY, I found 6 1964 Half dollars... 4 of which looked exactly like a sms set coin. All of the 6 coins were clean, but these 4 had a gloss to it, not exactly proof(Not close to it at all, actually). But, it was VERY clear, the difference of these coins. Now, all of these coins are left with my grandfather back at his place, but I do have the quarter(s), and I'll try to get images of the 50c sms set coins ASAP. But, do you any of you guys think that it could be a possibility that my great grandfather knew about these as well? Some background info: my grandfather and great grandfather never even had a great relationship WHATSOEVER, and my grandfather didn't even know about these coins until AFTER my great grandfather passed away. Apparently the coins were sorted into groups(But, not many), but not into type of coin; but, into groups that my grandfather didn't understand at the time. It wasn't until I started looking deeper into these coins, and looking at these $800 of FACE VALUE of SILVER coins that I came across these specific coins.(Once again, I'll try to get images of the half ASAP)... But here are the images of the quarter:

Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Onedollarbillnut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Onedollarbillnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a well struck business strike, possibly from fresh dies
Tim Hughes
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  05:29 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest, it doesn't even look that well struck and it looks to be polished/buffed. That is not an SMS quarter, sorry, especially for a '64.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05