Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ultimate Low Mintage NCLT Coming Up For Auction...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
Canada
8407 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  11:41 am Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Mintage of one.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/canada/wor...ption-071515

I remember when this coin, and the other gold one dollar coin (also a mintage of one) were made and sold on eBay. I have also held these two coins in my hands (they were in PCGS holders), they were in Sandy Campbell's showcase at the Edmonton Coin Show in 2005.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34486 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whew!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
671 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those good old days
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they originally sold for over 100 k with proceeds to an Ottawa hospital, what was Mr. Campbell asking in 2005 ?
Learn More...
Canada
8407 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mi...bay-1.369220

The Royal Canadian Mint sold (by eBay auction) two unique $1 proof 24K gold coins, based on regular production silver collector coins. The 2002 Jubilee $1 coin struck in gold sold for $55,100.01. The 2003 Coronation $1 coin (voyageur dollar) struck in gold sold for $62,600.

They originally sold for
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
907 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2019  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That will be quite the auction. A 1911 $1, this unique gold dollar, but many great looking specimens. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the key coins, lot will depend on whether there is a reserve or not.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05