Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1852 D Gold Liberty Coin - Real Or Copy Coin?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  06:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rogerdegerstrom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone please tell me if mine is genuine or a copy coin?
The difference is so minute that I find it hard to tell...but it seems the dots around the rim match exactly to the genuine on because they are more on the inner rim of the coin like the real one rather than on the edge facing directly towards the camera.

Any help is appreciated!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6583 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

If anyone can help assist you - you need to remove the coin from the flip and show us in focus images of both sides, cropped to be as large as possible without a lot of empty background showing.

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3417 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  07:13 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickelsearcher took the words right out of my mouth.

And Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
04/13/2019 07:14 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  09:06 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should post the weight and diameter as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34472 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6881 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

You do realise the value of that coin if genuine.
From what I can tell from the pictures supplied, it is fake
but need larger, clearer pictures to confirm.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rogerdegerstrom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for the welcomes, and I will try to post another pic after work. I really have an incredible collection as of lately. I've been flipping coins on ebay and got my store up to about $14K in just 3 months.

I've been collecting all my life but just lately got a collection worth looking at.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rogerdegerstrom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34472 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much sharper images of both sides needed.
Learn More...
United States
69544 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add turingmach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date and mintmark are way off. OP's coin top image, genuine 1852-D G$1 bottom image:

Looks fake to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3183 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, if you are going to be flipping for money, invest in a real camera that takes good pics. Garbage cell phone images aren't going to cut it.

Flip over to the numismatic photography section and look into one of Roy's $400 systems.
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
9052 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  10:22 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does not look good. I'd still like to see the weight, diameter and sharp images but it appears to be a copy.
ANA #R3154474
Edited by BH1964
04/14/2019 11:29 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34472 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@turingmach's pics are pretty compelling.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17771 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

It's true we all need better photos to really tell.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7819 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The crooked "dollar" is pretty amusing.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05