Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ona Today. I Will Be There.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1441 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  08:39 am Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I will be there around noon. Blue and white checked shirt, black NU Polar bear hat. Hope to meet anyone. MM
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gene Belair will be there (1960's Giants).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1441 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen such a poorly attended show. Wow!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4269 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was there yesterday, there might have been 8 dealers, whole lot of empty tables, if it weren't meeting some fellow collectors a wasted 3 hour drive.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1441 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today had more dealers than people on floor.
Valued Member
Canada
217 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisCat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to make the drive from Ottawa on Friday but opted against it at the last minute. Have heard similar stories and am glad I opted against it.
Numismatic cataloger, dealer in Canadian and American coins and medals. Visit http://www.jacoblipsonrarecoins.com
Learn More...
Canada
8407 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was there for the entire weekend... this was not just a coin show, but an escape from work and stuff as well...

I think after the loooong winter we just had - a sunny and 14C day was an opportunity for everyone to get outside and not go to a coin show. I was ok with it, I had lots of elbow room to pick the cherries that were there with the local dealers... The dealers that were there, were not busy - you usually don't get Sandy Campbell's ear for a good part of the afternoon...

Was really good to spend time with some friends as well...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
333 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today had more dealers than people on floor.
Sorry I missed you Mike, would have been nice to connect!

Yes at times both on Friday and Saturday when seminars or meetings were taking place, I'm sure this was the case.

With a few exceptions almost every event was well attended comparable to previous conventions. Travel expenses and time on the road may have had some impact yet there was no hesitation from those in London, Windsor or New Hampshire.

That said, there were many dealers unwilling to make the trek to Kingston despite insisting on a change in venue from Kitchener. Most I spoke to seemed to be in good spirits and enjoyed having the extra one on one time to spend with collectors and buyers. Ted Bailey despite his health issues buckled down and demonstrated what a devoted person he is, well deserving of the Dealer Award.

I really appreciate the shift in schedule which allows for a full day Friday & Saturday along with a bonus Sunday to wrap things up and make some last minute deals.

The convention committee consisting of mostly O.N.A. executive members, in my opinion deserve a little kindness and respect for their efforts even if things didn't quite go as planned or met attendee's expectations. Suggestions and feedback are always welcome which will help in the preparation for next year's show in Burlington May 22-24, 2020.

Numismatics while holding it's own and seemingly thriving, faces enormous competition never imagined 20 years ago some of which are nearly impossible to compete against.

For me on a personal level, it was a good show and I am glad to have been able to support it.

Edited by Proof Nut
04/17/2019 07:22 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05