Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Got This On The Cheap, Morgan 1888-O Grade? Thoughts?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
35585 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No not this one, this was bargain basement lol
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eh, I'm still going to send it, it's beer money for shipping and besides, no one thought my last looser would straight grade.

Education for us all.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
35585 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beer money? Not in my neighborhood. Don't agree with your decision, but good luck and keep us informed!
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just so you don't think I'm nuts, it's $15 with the voucher, maybe $17, I'll have to check.

The slider I sent in cost exactly $32, little more then beer money, well depends on how much beer you drink, lol, but that is with Gold Shield and TruView.

I can leave that off and do $12 for shipping.
Edited by farrider11
04/19/2019 8:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After the grades the folks are giving the new Morgan CC's I feel even better about sending it in LOL
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1163 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2019  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About the only thing I can say for sure with the images provided is that the reverse has picked up 2 new fingerprints.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3423 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2019  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You folks are great, best board I've ever been on, no fighting, just friendly banter.

Tru dat!

I am looking forward to seeing what grade it brings though I must confess it were mine, I would not be sending it in.

Enjoy!
Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience. - Denis Waitley

I have a lot of experience - CoinsKelly
Pillar of the Community
United States
3690 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2019  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interested, but wouldn't do it myself. I have plenty of coins for my slabbed type set I need to send off....
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now.... Now you were the first to guess in this thread MS65PL

BEFORE I posted the electron microscope pictures LOL.

My guess is 63-64 PL

The game is a foot ! Say good bye :)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9095 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  07:34 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll guess MS63 and it will not come back with a PL designation.
ANA #R3154474
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, the conservative play. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe not. I expect that around here, keeps me grounded. :)
Edited by farrider11
04/26/2019 09:29 am
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well most everyone pegged this one, MS 62. Now if silver goes up to $50 an once I'm all set LOL
Valued Member
Canada
240 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eternallogan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
62 is what I thought. For it to receive the PL designation, the fields have to be quite mirrored.
Here's an example of a coin I have that was not given a PL or DMPL designation. Lots of contrast, but not mirrored enough.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05