Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

No Cuban Coins On Ebay!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1278 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  03:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This morning I went to place these 3 coins for sale on ebay...Not allowed!?
I can't believe there is still sanctions on cuba!

Any ideas where I can sell them?..Paul

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2294 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  04:28 am  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have posted Cuban coins on ebay as either Caribbean, neighboring Florida or, most successfully, La Isla sin nombre.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1012 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe what you can do it sell another, really cheap coin. And then gift the Cuban coins, making it clear these coins will be a gift, and set the amount you're charging to be way above the 1 euro cent from Spain that's dirty as anything.

Always ways around this.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26745 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can try to sell them here on CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1278 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks for your help guys...Some great ideas..Love the šLa Isla sin nombreš.
I was given over 400 coins, mostly european, but some South and North American and as this isn't my collecting area will sell them all on if I can..

Quote:
You can try to sell them here on CCF.

Thanks John1 will try it here on the forum first
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26745 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to sell them in small lots. I really like that 1962,my birth year. You might also hold a contest here and give a few coins as prizes
John1
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Literally everything Cuban was embargoed by acts of Congress over the years. An act of Congress would he necessary to lift the embargo even though Obama had normalized relations to an extent.

Even if you got past ebay, you'd have a hard time getting past paypal. They are banned items.
Cuba, North Korea,Iran, Syria, all have bans currently.

Top that off with Cuba absolutely not want g anything leaving the island including their coins and it's two sided.

About the only way you could do it would by being deceptive about it (not listing"Cuba or Cuban"on the listing but it might not net you the views on it) and in most cases people won't want to risk skirting the federal laws and ebay or paypals rules they put in place to comply with federal laws and risk their accounts getting shut down.
Most sellers value their ability to sell everything else and won't risk it over Cuba or Iran.

It's not that Cuban coins are rare it's that they are prohibited items to leave from Cuba.

It would be like selling elephant tusk or rhino horn or gorilla hand ashtrays. You're asking for trouble beyond just ebay policies or PayPal polices. They are just complying with an act of congress so they don't get federally pinned as a trading place for black market goods.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
26745 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So being a U.S. federal law, he should not try selling them on CCF either? What about giving them as prizes?
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4490 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Even if you got past ebay, you'd have a hard time getting past paypal. They are banned items.

It looks like US sellers are openly listing coins from Iran and Syria on eBay, right now. Of course they don't sell coins from Cuba or North Korea. Cuban coins (pre-revolutionary?) can be bought from US sellers on vCoins and APMEX. I suppose you'd need to pay with credit card or check, though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34486 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take that, Raul.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1278 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for everyones help....

Is the consensus I can or can't sell on the forum
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn something new every day here.
Learn More...
United States
69544 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just my dos centavos, but these coins are already out of Cuba. The economic benefit to Cuba no longer exists.

As for selling them on the forum, let me run it by the legal department.
Learn More...
United States
19299 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can sell them on the forum, but don't take PayPal. Take my word for it.
Thailand
23 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11767 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't believe there is still sanctions on cuba!

There's full sanctions on Cuba, that said eBay takes it a step further to protect themselves and not wanting to do with sanctioned countries and bans everything.

Quote:
I have posted Cuban coins on ebay as either Caribbean, neighboring Florida or, most successfully, La Isla sin nombre.

Paypal has a history of nuking accounts if they catch you, not work the risk.

Quote:

"
Belarus
Burma (Myanmar)
Cote d'Ivoire
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Iran
Iraq
Liberia (Former Regime of Charles Taylor)
Persons Undermining the Sovereignty of Lebanon or Its Democratic Processes and Institutions
North Korea
Sierra Leone
Sudan
Syria
Western Balkans
Zimbabwe"

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/m...ed-countries

Quote:
Top that off with Cuba absolutely not want g anything leaving the island including their coins and it's two sided.

Not going to get into politics, but what Cuba wants is irrelevant, the embargo is to stop the flow of money into Cuba nothing more. That's why it's legal to buy and sell things already in the US, just not to import them. There's no second side.

Heritage, Great Collections, David Lawrence etc all sell Cuban/Iran etc coins that are already here. eBay and PayPal just made a decision they don't want to police it and banned everything so they have cover legally
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05