Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Buffalo Nickel 1936 S, Luster Or Something Strange?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
455 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  09:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KenBerthiaume to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think of this coin?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10811 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything strange about this coin . MS-64 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36580 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds about right. What do you see that is strange?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7418 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  10:20 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are these all your coins ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenBerthiaume to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of them aren't mine, no. Some I've bought or am thinking of buying.

I don't know, seems very "shiny", maybe it's just blurry. Some of the lettering seems almost doubled. Not sure if those are scratches on the high parts. Or it's just blurry or lustery.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
826 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  11:25 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There does look like there is some doubling. Better pictures would help to determine if it is die doubling, MD, or just lighting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
826 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  11:32 am  Show Profile   Check Jadey's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jadey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked Variety Vista, and there is a known DDO for 1936-S. No DDR though, so that's likely MD on the reverse (or lighting). See the link here.

If it is, there would be a clear diagnostic under the feathers on the obverse. See the bottom left photo on the linked page.
Valued Member
United States
361 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Onedollarbillnut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Onedollarbillnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63.
There are several RPM's for this date also
Tim Hughes
Pillar of the Community
United States
7319 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lighting is a little overexposed to see the surfaces to make an accurate assessment. looks MS64 plus or minus 1
Pillar of the Community
United States
4028 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks "enhanced" to me.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16822 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 details, cleaned
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05