Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Dealer Website - Or Best Offer........ Lol

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  6:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was looking at a half dollar example that was posted for $1150 or best offer. So, I offered $1050. Get response " we are too far apart to counter offer". So, I offer $1075 and get the same response. I offer $1100 and get the same response again. If I offer $1125 and get the same response once again, why do they even offer a "make offer" option? lol
Actively collecting US Type coins and Morgans. Thinking about LWC upgrades.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4106 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on past experience the seller may have accidentally included the "Best Offer" option.
Now they are stuck with it until it closes.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was on their own website not Ebay.
Actively collecting US Type coins and Morgans. Thinking about LWC upgrades.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11200 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They would have only accepted $1,145 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
Canada
336 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they recently listed it, perhaps they are hoping to get the full amount and will contact you later if no one pays the full buy-it-now price.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39243 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had the same experience lately with Bill's Bargain Stamps - he has a sound track record with coins, but didn't even bother responding to three offers I made that got close to his $1,550 "Make Offer' price. Least he could have done was have replied in some way. Can't recommend him.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7062 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some sellers are just idiots. I made a reasonable offer recently, and the seller countered with the full price....hahaha lol.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18254 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonder what he would say to an offer of $1149.99?
And just who pays for shipping?
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  05:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've had the same experience lately with Bill's Bargain Stamps - he has a sound track record with coins, but didn't even bother responding to three offers I made that got close to his $1,550 "Make Offer' price. Least he could have done was have replied in some way. Can't recommend him.

Took me a second to realize that Bill wasn't a musician.

"Number one with a bullet this week, Bill's Bargain Stamps with their hit single, "Or best offer".

Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hit on 25-30% of my OBO's...newbies and no coin sellers are the best. You're not going to get very high value coins from these peeps, but you buy where you can. I also ind that bundling helps, OBO on multiple lots.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not listed OBO for years, mostly to avoid the idiots that just offer 50% or less than your listing price. That does not stop the messages with offers, but probably reduces them some.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I offered a seller $30 for a Morgan dollar he had listed for $40. Apparently, that offer was a 'low-ball' and made him angry, so he counter offered with $10,000.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2019  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cherrypicker, I had that happen too recently. granted, it was a craigslist listing so you never know what shenanigans youre going to get yourself into, but it was a few cull silver quarters. offered him spot price, (seller said he had just found them when his grandmother passed, and didnt know what to do with them). apparently they had sentimental value (which I understand, but in that case do not get mad when someone without a special attachment to the coins offers a fair price), and he emailed back with a snarky $5,000 counteroffer.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05