Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Gem Canadian Dollar

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  1:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone provide me a link or value for this coin?

It's labelled in a sleeve. Gem / 1972 / Canadian Dollar.

I have an entire page of similar coins and some I just can't seem to find values for.
Valued Member
Canada
493 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I have looked at that. but "gem" isn't listed as a grade. Not sure beyond that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7540 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gem is not a grade.
It's a synonym for nice.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. This is why I need help. I looked up "gem" and Wiki lists it there as a range from MS-65 to MS-69. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheld...ading_scale)

But that is all I had to go on. Keeping in mind, things have probably changed some since my dad collected some of these 50 or 60 years ago.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2322 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
feel free to upload photos, and we can tell you exactly what you have..
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right here are a few that either confuse me, or I can't find proper details on. Keep in mind I am the one who wrote MS-65, based on the only information I could find on Wiki regarding "Gem" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheld...ading_scale) I could be way off, and that's why I am here. I have no idea, on (m)any of these.

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right here are a few that either confuse me, or I can't find proper details on. Keep in mind I am the one who wrote MS-65, based on the only information I could find on Wiki regarding "Gem" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheld...ading_scale) I could be way off, and that's why I am here. I have no idea, on (m)any of these.

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7540 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Despite what Wiki says gem means "nice" no more no less.
None of your coins can possibly be MS65.
If you can somehow get past the fact that gem is not a grade someone will tell you why your coins can't possibly be MSanything let alone MS65.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
966 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thus site might help you a bit more.

http://www.saskatooncoinclub.ca/art...ns-ver2.html

Remember not to clean anything
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3030 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Nickel Dollars shown are all from PL or Specimen sets . They are NOT MS65 business strikes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1276 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Set aside the 1886 (decent date) and 1965 because it's silver and take the Others to the bank for face value they're made of nickel and have no real great collectors value in my opinion. You probably want to make a couple of piles stuff of silver/gold value, stuff of collector, and stuff to take to the bank.this is just my opinion do what you wil. You may wish to post a pic of a group of 20 coins back and front might go faster, or a binder page of coins.
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2019  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Noob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh thanks....

1. I didn't think doing a binder page at a time would provide the required detail. Good to know, thank you.
2. I'm not sure I understand why they "can't possibly be MS-65". Can you elaborate some? For the noob in the room? lol

Thanks for the replies!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05