Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Those Adictive Seated Liberty Dimes.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 903Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
769 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  8:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1849-Seate...m2qiFY0%253D &_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Just picked this one up. I know, it is cleaned. With a strong strike I can live with an older cleaning. The seller assures me the obverse matches the reverse as far as color, a steel gray as he describes it.

That said, I'd like to make a suggestion for those who are relatively new to the forum. I highly encourage the links to the left and perhaps at the top of the page. It cost you nothing but supports this website. This purchase and several others were done in that fashion. Again, only a suggestion. But it goes a long way.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17092 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find that collecting all silver dimes cans be addicting. I guess much better than hash!
Although Australian based, I have quite a good collection of them.
Higher condition Seateds are tough for me to find; their average condition seems to be lower than for other issues. Apparently, they saw a much greater time in circulation for each coin.
Edited by sel_69l
05/05/2019 10:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only have one around I'm proud of, a slabbed G-4 1858-S. In general I don't like dimes, but for some reason I like half dimes and have several key and semi key seateds.

Maybe it's because half dimes aren't made anymore.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
05/05/2019 10:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1533 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I share the feeling - I love Seated dimes too.
I developed an interest in Seated dimes as an extension of my focus on the Capped Bust dimes. Specially like the branch mint issues and have added some interesting ones over the last few years.
Seated half dimes are lovely too, but I find they are now to small for me to appreciate fully.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19352 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seated Liberty dimes to me are really irritating. I've been collecting coins for a long, long time now and certain coins are just irritating. By that I mean it's things like availability being one of the irritating things about this coin. I've got many duplicate sets of coins that are easily available somewhere or somehow. I've only got one set of those and far, far from complete. But Seated dimes are really just to difficult to find.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My irritation with dimes starts with their size. They're hard to pick up if you drop one - especially if you've just cut your fingernails - but they're worth enough to pick up. They slip through fingers and pocket holes. They're too thick to use as a screwdriver. I feel the same way about quarter eagles.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
05/06/2019 3:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
874 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like all dimes and half dimes. They are still silver but small enough to not affect the price much. I just bought 5 circulated Seated half dimes at a coin auction recently, with 3 of them being 1853 with arrows. I don't know why I bought all of those.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1026 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to be more careful when you wave to your friend across the room at the coin auction.

Learn More...
United States
87963 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You need to be more careful when you wave to your friend across the room at the coin auction.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 903Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05