Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Court Rejects Iowa Man's Attempt To Pay $455 Court Fine In Pennies

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,389Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bet there are at least a couple IHP inside the buckets of pennies. I would totally search those a little bit here and there until I've gone through them all.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20013 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No drivers license so how can he get those coins to court? Lost cause. Old saying, "can't fight city hall"
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17156 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So if the county refused them then they thereby waive the costs/fine.

No, refusing to accept them does NOT waive the costs/fine, BUT since it IS a legal offer to pay, no additional fines or penalties for non-payment may be added. Not being able to renew his license until the fine is settled is NOT an additional penalty added after the fact so it still applies.

Quote:
No drivers license so how can he get those coins to court?

That is his problem, get someone to drive him, take a taxi, the bus, other public transit etc.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
94243 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I used to think stuff like this was funny. "Stick it to the man!" But as said earlier, it only hurts the working men and women. The powers that be just laugh at these futile protest attempts.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,389Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05