Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's A Fair Price?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
832 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  12:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
United States
12127 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fair price is up to you to decide for what you want to pay for how much it means to you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
983 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you the seller or want to be buyer?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  01:28 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you the seller or want to be buyer?

That was exactly my first thought.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
832 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking of selling and buying more bullion. Had them for quite some time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
27999 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check Numismedia.com and eBay sold values.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3467 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a few, rarer varieties of the 1861-O, and I expect that there are multiple Overton varieties of the 1828 half. Better varieties tend to command higher prices. Assuming these two halves are common varieties, I'd venture that $150 for the pair would be fair market value for these mid grade type coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18133 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And so much depends on where you try to sell it.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8068 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both of those would sell fairly easily, although the dark toning on the reverse of the CBH worries me a bit.

Fair price = when what you are willing to take is equal to what buyer is willing to spend.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  02:13 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fair price = when what you are willing to take is equal to what buyer is willing to spend.

Truer words have never been...typed.

Like John1 said, research recent sales of similar coins. There is no precise number to give. Make sure to check for varieties, as well (a la ExoGuy).
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05