Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Close Up Hairlines...details Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  03:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Last post on this I promise. I took a magnifier to this and captured the only flaw I can see here. Do you think this coin stands a decent chance at avoiding a details grade?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38014 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it will straight grade. Given the potential value, I don't think you have much choice but to submit it.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15566 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fair enough. The TPGrader will indicate what he thinks, and say so if necessary.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38014 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, if you don't like the result you can always crack it. But the upside here is huge.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2488 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  10:13 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very likely straight grade and a great candidate for a TPG
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This example was sold for 15K. Similar ring on the back as mine. Though mine has more contact marks, I believe mine is sharper struck and has better presentation.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
15967 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any non-detail grade is a huge win. I'd NGC it if it were mine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why NGC? Interested to hear your thoughts.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38014 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In this case I don't think it makes much difference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7471 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious, if you don't mind, how did you come across this and what did you pay for it ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$20. In my collection of BU common dates. For years I thought it was a scratch. Never looked into VAMS.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8088 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish I could find a scarface for $20...
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
7471 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, incredible find.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
835 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coins92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lowered my surrounding lights and got a much more accurate shot of the fields of this coins.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05