Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crumbling Silvers Prices .

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17831 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spend a little time looking up the ASW (Actual Silver Weight) for each coin, multiply times the spot price for silver, and that will give you the total value for the lot in silver value. Usually foreign junk silver sells below spot, maybe 5-10%. Then list them for sale as a lot here or eBay as suggested.
To find the ASW for each coin you'd need a Krause catalog to make it easy. Other wise you'll have to search the net.
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would expect it to sell more quickly if you include the total silver content of the lot. It's something I almost always want to know before buying.

I didn't get around to selling any silver yet, and it's just as well - the price is now past $19 an ounce. I am trying to sell a few coins on eBay - some 1982 Washington commemorative halves and Mexican Libertads, totaling a little over $100, but no bites yet. I'm reluctant to cut the asking price when the price of silver is still creeping up.
Valued Member
United States
417 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the advice. I don't use ebay so that's out (they were great 20 years ago, but I can't stand them anymore). I've sold a couple pieces here on CCF, but I didn't get any traction on other pieces so I withdrew the sales.

I track all my coins on a spreadsheet and I have a tab just for these world coins that I mentioned. The tab includes a column for ASW and I get all my info from NGCcoin.com (they're very reliable I think). Right now, this box of mixed world silver has about 200 coins with 30 troy oz of ASW. It's not a huge lot, but what a great mix! There's stuff in here from more than two dozen countries, in lots of different denominations and years and conditions. Some are more common (Canada, Mexico, etc.) but some are more fun (Saudi Arabia, East Africa, etc.). I know I'd make more money piecing them out but it would be a huge job, and on some coins the postage would be more than the coin is worth.

PS: I just realized I'm getting off topic and maybe need my own thread for this discussion.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3763 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow silver is really shining!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05