Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A New Half Cent Book Is Out By William R. Eckberg

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
6828 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  03:56 am Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Half Cent, 1793-1857 - The Story of America's Greatest Little Coin

Bill is very well known in the EAC and C4 communities, he is one of the co-authors of the excellent book "Early American Copper Grading Guide" Bill has a new and greatly needed book out on US Half Cents. One of my personal favorite coin series. I'd suggest you visit his website where he has graciously put up sample pages for all to read at: http://halfcentbook.com/

The book is not cheap, yet it promises to be one of the best researched books I've seen in some time. I know Bill and he is very dedicated to the EAC and collecting in general. If you have ever attended one of his lectures you will see his passion and depth of knowledge in early American coinage and history.

This book will soon be on my library shelf, I urge anyone interested in Half Cents to get your order in soon.

Here is Bill at the Irving, TX EAC Convention in 2015 giving a fantastic talk on the 1815 Coinage of the US Mint: What, When and Why? It was one of my favorite talks that year and shows his passion for history and extracting the facts of long wondered questions.

https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/book/540234
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
72135 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1844 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice talk on an interesting topic.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
6828 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  04:39 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Ken, I thought so too! I'm in the front row, was a neat talk.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link westcoin. I'm interested to check that out.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18052 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might get me into that coin.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I listened/watched that video yesterday .... a very interesting lecture. Lots of good information. I really enjoyed it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6828 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the lecture more to kill time in the air conditioning (Texas HOT in summer), I didn't really think it would be that interesting of a talk, but Bill's talks are always interesting I've learned and now look for more on NNP. He writes a lot of articles for EAC Pennywise magazine too, all very well researched and written.

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to start searching to web for some more video lectures like that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6828 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CitationSquirrel Just look at the links above by year on that page. David Lisot's full video library is now listed and posted there. 100's of video, so many I doubt one could get through them all in a year.

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks westcoin! I'll check it out.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05