Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Vicky - Marker Or Variety ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
717 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  10:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Most of the Vickies I have are with a totally broken stem. This is the first I've had with a diecrack across the leaf. What do you guys think...
Edited by TaeKenDo
05/22/2019 10:01 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
D/C's are errors and sometimes actually detract from value if higher grade. It's hard to find a '59 WITHOUT a D/C, so it adds no value. Definiteley not a variety.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1433 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is your coin and a bigger picture of both sides would be nice https://www.vickycents.com/rev-e7.html
Catalog #
PC59-51

Die Pair
5 + E7
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Edited by fourmack
05/22/2019 3:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
717 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's my coin bigger pics both sides.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
717 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fourmack Thanks for the link, appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
717 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@okiecoiner - alright, thanks.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1433 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's my coin bigger pics both sides.

no its not--you have put up an 1862 20cent and not the 1859 1 cent ?
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Canada
717 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fourmack Yeah, there was something weird going on my I was doing another post following this one. The other post got the vicky pics. I deleted it and started over changing the file names and it corrected it self. Do you still see the 1862's ?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05