Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This 1794 Large Cent "Head Of 1793" S-18 "A" Or "B"?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
169 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  12:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pasasap to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I understand the description, but I do not know what upward and downward look like in this case. On my coin, the leaf looks like the leaf is flat and pointing at the word DOLLAR <><

What does downward type "a" and upward type "b" look like? I could not find any photos to compare anywhere on the Internet.

Could someone post photos? What is mine?

I am posting photos of the Obverse, Reverse, and the leaf on the edge.

Pillar of the Community
United States
567 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Th leaf is shaped like a jalapeño pepper. The end of the leaf furthest from the lettering is the stem. The stem is the key. I think yours is pointing upwards, but I'm not sure. I don't have a pic of mine, but if no one posts one in the next couple of days I'll see if I can.

I googled fir images of "1794 LARGE cent edge lettering" and came up with only one image of an edge, and it did not show the leaf.

I did find this thread that has some pics:

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/le...nted.126959/

Bedrock of the Community
United States
15753 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stem is curving upward so 18b.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pasasap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, very helpful! :)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05