Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Collecting Those Innovation Dollars?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 5,479Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  8:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I haven't seen but a few posts since they started the new series several months back and wondered if anyone has or is considering these. Reluctantly, I am. A vast majority seem to pass on them and with understanding. Being doomed by the Mint it's self I predict a lot of wasted vault space.

ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll plan to collect them. I'd just be happier if they'd get their act together so they could be in the yearly sets, and had sets for the reverse proofs.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought the proof and 2 rolls p/d for the intro coin. I wish the mint would sell 10P and 10D in a roll. Don't really need 25 of each. I'm an engineer, so the innovation coin speaks to me more than the other small dollar coins do. Although I did collect all the Susan B Anthony dollars. For now, I plan on getting the whole set. I was thinking of giving them to people at work when they come up with a good idea. But the again, maybe not. Personally, I think they could have filled the obverse with some design on that coin. Seems like too much blank space. I'm also wondering if I should continue to collect the silver presidential medals. I have the first four, but do I really want them? Meh.
Edited by HappyHippo
05/29/2019 06:30 am
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After coming back to the hobby this year after a thirty year hiatus, I'm sticking with the proof sets, silver proof sets, mint sets and a few commemorative coins (World War I and Apollo). Having last collected when there were no commemorative coins, bullion coins or anything similar (1970s and early 1980s), having a limited scope keeps the sanity in the hobby.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1339 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty much of the same mindset as Roger. The US mint is producing so much, I'm down to collecting only proofs and what I get in change.
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterfell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have the first one yet, but I will likely collect these.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I'm not very interested in the series, I've decided to put together a set just because I can put together a set inexpensively as they come out. Who knows, maybe half way through the series I'll decide I like them and won't have to scramble to pick up the older dates.
That being said, the mint doesn't seem to be that interested in the series either. I haven't heard anything from them about the dollars since they released the introductory coin and a check on their web sight has all the release dates as TBD and the year is almost half over.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had interest in the reverse proofs but they didn't make one of the first coin and who knows if they will continue the reverse proofs after this year. All in all, I'm on the fence with them, like the S mint national park quarters. Maybe I buy them, maybe I dont. But I'll be doing it later not as they come out.
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  06:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am addicted to coins I admit. I will be collecting this series.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom, check out the reverse of the introductory proof coin, it's half proof and half reverse proof. Probably the mint trying to show a little innovation of it's own.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Edited by DeputyMax
05/29/2019 06:49 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20166 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not for me.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17300 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far the entire collection is only three coins. They haven't released any of the 2019's yet. I take that back they are in the proof and mint sets aren't they, so 15 coins. None of them are being made for circulation so close to 100% of their entire mintages will always be available in MS/PF. Makes it kind of a "put it together because they are cheap and available" set that you just put together as an afterthought and then forget about. (How long until the mint starts making "special" coins for this series to keep sales up? They made S mint ATB Quarter for sale to collectors by the roll, why not S mint Unc Innovations? Special finish coins? They are probably coming.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2383 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll collect them...would love to see circulating dollar coins...I mean not just the ones I spend.

KK
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How long until the mint starts making "special" coins for this series to keep sales up?

They've already planned for reverse proofs, so... not long at all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2383 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm only going to collect the "circulation" issues.

KK
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 88 / Views: 5,479Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05