Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ntc Coins Masquerading As NGC (By Seller)

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12134 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unofficially, they also allow ICCS and CCCS (Canadian grading companies).

Isn't that only if you're using one of their international sites like eBay Canada?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  03:19 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Isn't that only if you're using one of their international sites like eBay Canada?

I don't know about that, but I can search for ICCS graded coins and get results. The sellers are all non-US, though. Given that, I don't know why a US seller would not be allowed to sell the same thing.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
2696 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There's only 4 that eBay allows to have the grade shown which are PCGS, NGC, ICG, and ANACS.

Learned something new today. I recently bought an NTC graded Ike just for the toning for a decent price. Sure enough, looked at the auction listing again and there is no grade mentioned. I didn't pay attention to this before.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Pillar of the Community
United States
2109 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If coins are in slabs other than the Big 4...do the grades have to be covered up/left out of the picture?

KK
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12134 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know about that, but I can search for ICCS graded coins and get results. The sellers are all non-US, though. Given that, I don't know why a US seller would not be allowed to sell the same thing.

Different rules for the different countries. Last I knew if they were listed by a US seller and someone reported them they would get removed if they were trying to sell them with the grade showing and/or listed

Quote:
If coins are in slabs other than the Big 4...do the grades have to be covered up/left out of the picture?

Yes the grade is supposed to be hidden in the picture.
Edited by basebal21
06/20/2019 6:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Different rules for the different countrys.

No doubt about that. I wonder why.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2019  03:26 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking of getting an ICCS graded Canadian coin to see if I can sell it on ebay here with the grade exposed. I know just the person to ask for coin type recommendations.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12134 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2019  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting an ICCS graded Canadian coin to see if I can sell it on ebay here with the grade exposed. I know just the person to ask for coin type recommendations.

The US version won't let you list a numerical grade in the title unless you click one of the four approved TPGs which obviously it isn't. You could of course leave the grade out of the title and have it in the picture and the description and see if anyone reports it. Really would need it reported a bunch to test it though
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19950 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could get it removed in minutes. But I will not report them due to the double standard. The problem is they don't ban it on eBay US they ban US sellers from listing it. Canadians do it and they still show up on eBay US if they ship here. Not fair.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2696 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the Ike I got, in case anyone cares. It's the only NTC graded coin I have. This is an impaired proof that graded PR67DCAM. Not sure if the core caused the toning or not. It sure didn't put the fingerprints on the obverse. The slab is pretty solid, which surprised me.

The toning was really hard to capture, especially because of the slab. I don't have a good axial lighting setup yet. I took a direct light snapshot with my phone to show that the toning on the obverse is mostly a golden amber color, not terminal black. Anyway, just wanted to share.

My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the Ike I got, in case anyone cares.
You know I do.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3237 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Darth Morgan: This is "The New NTC" (a/k/a NTC II), after they gave up on the sickely green insert, but with the hologram sticker and before they switched to the yellow labels.

Here's their apparently latest (? Greatest ?)

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2696 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  09:33 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BStrauss3 - thanks for sharing that. Even though they're not a trusted TPG, I actually do like their holder. It's not as wide and not as thick as NGC's. Even so, it has a solid feel to it.
Edited by Darth Morgan
06/25/2019 09:36 am
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's not as wide and not as thick as NGC's
Petite NGC.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05