Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Obw 2018-D Voyageurs Box Hunt Questions, Suggestions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
215 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  11:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
About to crack open the first role of a full box I picked up Friday... I've searched multiple sites for DDR/DDO with no luck, I also can't find an overlay of a die clash and can't seem to figure out how to make one--Anyone have an extra they can spare?

Also, This coin has a ridiculous amount of detail in the design; I don't even know If I'll be able to identify abnormalities. However, I will be searching in this area for DDR's, correct?

Any other advice, suggestions, comments, concerns, humble and honest opinions ... I want them all.

Wishing you all a Happy Sunday
Pillar of the Community
United States
2070 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  12:20 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, definitely looks towards the center of the coin for DDs. There are currently no doubled dies known for the Voyageurs quarters. I don't think the Voyageurs design is good for DDRs, I wouldn't be surprised if none existed, but good luck nonetheless. Don't forget to look at the obverse for DDs as well, not too many people look and some bigger ones have been missed over the years.

I've never been really good with making clash overlays and I don't have the time right now to try, hopefully someone else can help with that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've looked at 50 maybe, not even a die chip yet.
Not sure of mintage.
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tunnioc- Mintage: Voyageurs National Park MN: "197.8 M" "237.4 M"="435.2 M"

I've found a few abnormalities- but going through one roll is taking me forever. There's just so much detail in the rocks and trees. I'll post what I've found later tonight.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9761 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've never been really good with making clash overlays and I don't have the time right now to try, hopefully someone else can help with that.

I did my best! The reverse is so busy that these look like a big mess, but I hope they help:

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briarmentrout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! Thank you SO very much! I really appreciate it. I agree, the reverse is super busy. I took me wayyyy too long to go through a roll.
Spruett001- what did you use to make it?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9761 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  02:03 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spruett001- what did you use to make it?

I did it all on my phone. The primary app I use is Photoshop Express. That allowed me to crop, rotate and flip (mirror) the pics I downloaded of the coin. Then I used another app called Photoblend to create the overlays. Both are free apps.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37484 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05