Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 W Amp Washington Quarter For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,228Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  3:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Quit a few hits but I've seen MS65 Lowell's that seem to look much worse.

It looks great from across the room!

Edited by USSID18
06/10/2019 6:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7402 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50475 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64 sounds about right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1136 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you'll get MS65 from it, it's nowhere near as bad as many of the ones I've seen. Too many small marks to go above that but you are correct I've seen worse slabbed at MS65 by the major 3rd party graders. Bigger hits to it.

Looks good on the full view and you magnification makes the smallest things look worse. They won't go higher than 4x magnification or so, so judge it by what you can see based off that. Just your eye, then with 4x.

Still though there's better candidates for grading to be found out there. MS65 will get you breaking even after the fees. Not ideal
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it's nowhere near as bad as many of the ones I've seen. Too many small marks to go above that but you are correct I've seen worse slabbed at MS65 by the major 3rd party graders. Bigger hits to it.

Looks good on the full view and you magnification makes the smallest things look worse.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Just wanted to give you guys the best possible representation of all the hits.

I guess it's a crapshoot.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take it!

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2019  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That quarter graded 67? Via the across the room method I suppose.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1136 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow man congrats! I'm really happy for you, mostly because I have a whole roll of AMP Ws sitting here in that condition or better and I've been on the fence about sending the best ones for grading thinking they might be 65s or 66s. If I have an honest shot at MS68 on a couple will be totally worth sending them.
On the other hand though it is ANACS grading.. lol

Congrats again!
Edited by Big-Kingdom
07/12/2019 08:03 am
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow man congrats! I'm really happy for you, mostly because I have a whole roll of AMP Ws sitting here in that condition or better and I've been on the fence about sending the best ones for grading thinking they might be 65s or 66s. If I have an honest shot at MS68 on a couple will be totally worth sending them.
On the other hand though it is ANACS grading.. lol

Congrats again!

Let's see a picture (close-up) of your best one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1136 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably my best. I have 2 more that are this close in condition but I fell this is the better one of the 3.

http://goccf.com/t/349036
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That pretty much explains why a MS67 in NGC or ANACS will not come close at all to a MS67 from PCGS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1136 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be fair Bcuda I think PCGS is overly harsh at grading, like their bar is too high for most thing while they are pretty slack on like silver eagles in other instances.

I think ANACS is a little too liberal with their grades, and I think NGC, while catering to the dealers and kind of hitting it hard on marketing angles, probably has the most legit grading that's for the most part fairly done.

I think PCGS grades most things harshly though, like easier to find coins in PCGS slabs that could move up a grade if submitted to NGC , while generally ANACS slabs may dowgrade with NGC or PCGS. I think the market sold prices for the slabs from these different TPGs reflect this also.

Just my observations and opinion on them really, I'm sure we all have our own thought's about TPGS that differ though and for sure all 3 companies have their mistakes along the way with grading. It all is just a subjective opinion from a 3rd party at the end of theday.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd put this one at a 66 personally. ANACS was a bit generous. This one is a bit better than the other one we were talking about, fields look better in this one.

Regardless, nice find! And a great looking quarter. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd put this one at a 66 personally.

To late, it's already a 67.

Quote:
Regardless, nice find! And a great looking quarter. Congrats.

Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,228Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05