Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 W Amp Quarter For Grade Opinion, Best Example Out Of 50 Finds.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 2,802Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1021 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  05:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey John1. My "set up" is a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone camera and a small 5 dollar stand then I use a microscope app downloaded. Lol.
Nothing fancy... at all. Lol

I use books and stuff to block light or cover them with sheets of paper to reflect the light I guess sort of simulating a shadowbox or something.. real mickey mouse haahaha
Edited by Big-Kingdom
07/14/2019 05:31 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34182 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you checked into those clip on magnifiers that go on your phone?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1021 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup a macro clip on lens. I don't like it much but it's useful for extreme closeups at short ranges. Also got it for $5 with a fisheye and a wide angle from a store called five below.lol I'm cheap!
Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom- Did you ever submit it?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1021 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18,

I have not yet. I'm struggling a bit with all the costs associated to get it graded from membership, and fees and shipping's, I can't bring myself to do it yet, not sure if I can ever bring myself to do it, until I see exactly where they settle and if it's worth it in reality for that gamble. Not really worth it if I take a loss doing it, that's for sure.

Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
USSID18,

I have not yet. I'm struggling a bit with all the costs associated to get it graded from membership, and fees and shipping's, I can't bring myself to do it yet, not sure if I can ever bring myself to do it, until I see exactly where they settle and if it's worth it in reality for that gamble. Not really worth it if I take a loss doing it, that's for sure.

If you submitted it, which TPG would you select? I submitted one to ANACS. It was reasonable and worth it for me because it came back a high grade. I only use ANACS.

Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom- Any updates? Have you submitted it yet? I just submitted a RONR.

Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't wait here all month!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1021 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't submitted it yet, still sitting there in it's holder. Paid my property taxes, and over the hump so If I can save a little longer, maybe then I will send it out for grading.

Again, I'm kind of stuck on the costs to do it. It seems exorbitant in most cases. Maybe ANACS I need to check them out and see if theres a deal. I'm cheap still, too many bills and never enough money to do everything I want, so something always gets kicked to the side.

I'm looking at PCGS for membership at one of the levels, like silver or gold with the free grading vouchers, seems like it would pan out, just not sure what I can send or can't and want some more information, it must have been discussed on here at some point I'd think.

This way I could probably send my 2019S ERP silver eagle, a couple Ws that might make the 66-67 cut, and some other things I'd like to get done, or save the ones for the end of the year in case I hit some 2020 Ws I'd like to send. I dunno though. I need more info and know nothing about getting stuff graded from the various companies.

Seems like getting the membership with the free grading vouchers in return is the way to go though.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
05/05/2020 12:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send it to me, I'll submit it for you.

I only deal with ANACS, no membership required. I don't submit coins that often to get a membership. They usually only have 10 coin submission deals/specials.

Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd give your coin the grade of MS-67.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1021 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks FuryCoins for the assessment also. been a while now, still haven't sent it in for grading, unfortunately I was about to and the Homeowners insurance bill showed up yesterday and that needs to be paid now. LOL

Something always comes up. hopefully I get it sorted out and done this year :)
Pillar of the Community
5119 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Something always comes up. hopefully I get it sorted out and done this year :)

No rush. I think all the TPG'ers are backed-up anyway.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 2,802Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05