I was coin roll hunting yesterday for the first time in a while and it gave me an idea for a contest. I searched through 10 rolls each of nickels, dimes and quarters. I was mainly interested in pre-2000 coins as these are becoming harder and harder to come by in Canada. This is due to the RCM
's alloy recovery program to recycle out all nickel-based coins with the new nickel plated steel. I've decided to start hoarding these older coins. Maybe one day it'll help a youngster get some older dates.
Now to the contest:Out of a combined 1300 coins, how many were pre-2000 from Canada?
- Two guesses per person per day
- Must have at least 50 posts to play
- May be located anywhere WORLDWIDE. No country discrimination here.
- The winner is the person who first correctly guesses the number.
- The prize will consist of items I discovered from this CRH. It includes the only two non-Canadian/US coins, the only silver coin and the nicest of three coloured quarters.
2013 New Zealand 10 cents
2015 Trinidad & Tobago 10 cents
1962 Canadian 10 cents
2013 Canadian de Salaberry 25 cents
The number is a small minority of the total.
Good luck to all. Happy guessing!