Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Upcoming 2018 Reverse Proof American Innovation Coin

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
1346 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rather than go through the hassle of a freedom of information act request, I would be nice if the mint would just have a way to submit questions. Obviously, most wouldn't be worthy of replies being posted, but ones like this certainly would.
Pillar of the Community
United States
785 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol at 30% "spoilage" rate
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12546 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course they could always just package them sooner but I guess that would be too logical
Valued Member
United States
320 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be fair, it looks like they made a standardized package design that will carry across all the reverse proof products. I'd rather they take more time and get it right the first time so there is consistency.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1107 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...would be nice if the mint would just have a way to submit questions. Obviously, most wouldn't be worthy of replies being posted, but ones like this certainly would.
You can. Just use the contact form. It depends on the question whether a FOIA request or a question via this form might be more appropriate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1346 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In that case, I can see no reason that the question asked should have required a FOIA request.
Valued Member
United States
320 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the staff they have answering questions submited through that venue have the same responsibility to respond and the same capacity to research I would agree, however working in government I doubt that is the case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd just assume that all coins/medals get over-produced for cases such as this. Especially those that have mintage limits. 30% does seem on the high end but the explanation seems reasonable.
Learn More...
United States
78165 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To be fair, it looks like they made a standardized package design that will carry across all the reverse proof products. I'd rather they take more time and get it right the first time so there is consistency.
True.
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05