Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 S VDB LWC - Opinions Please

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2019  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a nice coin. I would say EF grade...too much wear on hair.

KK

Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2019  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to ignore the second part of the statement. Thanks Kopper Ken!
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2019  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malfero to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you did fine with that one. It may have been more than you wanted to spend but it will be worth it in the long run.
Just for future reference, I buy most of my higher dollar coins from Heritage Auctions. You can get some really good deals if you're patient and look for what you want. I got a 1916-D Merc in AG3 from them a while back, but it's so close to G4 I would have paid more than what I got it for. It took me 6 months of looking at every one that went up for auction and losing a lot but in the end I got what I wanted.
Ebay is good too for a nice bargain now and again but there are so many variables (bad pics, not many for sale etc.) That I keep going back to Heritage. After you bid on a few coins from a big auction place you will feel right at home win or lose

So now the question is...are you going to leave your VDB in the slab or break it out!
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks malfero. I'll have to check them out when I go to get a 16D. And I'm 99.99% sure that I'll leave this one in the slab
Edited by Joecontois
07/03/2019 3:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2019  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first one was album material. This one I would leave it in the slab.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2019  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I called it EF, and would say EF45 which is 5 pts. away from the AU50, because I personally find it difficult to call something Almost Uncirculated when it is closer to an EF than it is to an uncirculated coin. That's only my preference. I do find that there are too many grades especially at the MS level.

KK
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2019  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think most people will use the PCGS grade when looking up it's value though, so I think it would go for at least $900 if I decide to sell it. But I think I'll just be happy with it for awhile.
Edited by Joecontois
07/04/2019 11:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2019  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although, I can see me possibly selling it to fund the purchases of a slabbed low grade svdb, and a slabbed low grade 16d, so I can know they're legit, and then crack em out to complete my books
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2019  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a nice coin representing that year/mm... if I collected Lincolns, I would be extremely happy having that coin in my collection.

KK
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2019  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks KK. What do you collect?
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I bought my coin on 7/2/19, a day in which there was a total solar eclipse visible in South America. Now it's 7/16/19, a day in which there's a partial lunar eclipse visible in Europe, and my coin has finally arrived! I must say that I am totally satisfied with this purchase!

P.S. The pictures really don't do it justice.
Edited by Joecontois
07/16/2019 2:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
807 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Joe, I think you did really well. time to crack it out and dip it in some VerdiCare then hit it with a brillo pad for good measure. LOL!

That's a joke
Edited by Big-Kingdom
07/16/2019 3:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha. Thanks Big Kingdom!
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harry213 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh darn I'm not getting any post notifications on this so I missed all the excitement...

You did well, more than twice as nice as the last one you had.

Congrats !
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joecontois to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Harry. I'm happy with it.
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05