Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Colonial Acres NCLT Auction - June 23 - Some Interesting Items

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2612 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  1:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Tomorrow's CA auction feature some high value NCLT coins including several Gold Superman Coins including the first 2013 one that sold for more than $2000 at one time.

https://auctions.colonialacres.com/...LESS_as56850

Superman 2013:

https://auctions.colonialacres.com/...in_i33546042

Carousel Coin:

https://auctions.colonialacres.com/...NT_i33546080

It is interesting to see how much these coins sell for to see where the market is heading.
Edited by MoneyPenney
06/22/2019 1:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The auction results will definitely be interesting - there are coins being offered from multiple mints/countries.

The hammer prices should provide insights into more than just RCM products.

Edited by commems
06/22/2019 9:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2308 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2019  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The carousel @ 749 CAD is a steal. There is a 810 USD bidding war going on right now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-CA...AOSwgTJbER-E
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Valued Member
Canada
342 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2019  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I won a single item and with the commission fee saved myself over $45 versus paying the original issue price.

Wasn't expecting to get it that cheap $179 vs $225. Give it another 6-12 months and the same item will fetch $150.00. No too worried as I bought the items because it fit into my royalty/fractional silver collection and don't intend to sell it anytime soon.

Plenty of items went for 50-60%, some way over what the unique deals were going for! Definitely a buyer's market right now.
Edited by Proof Nut
06/23/2019 5:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
671 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lost the 2006 Medal of Bravery gilt coin in NGC PF70. I stopped bidding at $180
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2308 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked back at the eBay listing that I posted earlier and I'm now thinking the auction was rigged. In the past 30 days the winning bidder had ALL of his/her bids with the SAME seller - and almost always wins with a single bid.

Looks like shill bidding to me.

Surprise-surprise!! Now they have another one back on sale...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-CA...273895606171

If you just can't wait, they also have BIN... for $1869!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-CA...100005.m1851
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Edited by canadian_coins
06/24/2019 4:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I placed bids on two items (the Queen Mother and Two Loons Canadian silver dollars but lost both to the one bidder after me. What hurt is that I had to place my bid the day before because I had to leave home at 5:00am Sunday on a trip and was unable to place any bids on Sunday. Hopefully the next time I can be in front of my computer at 'time-out' time.
I still enjoyed the chance to win. It's the first 'auction' I've ever participated in (aside from the normal eBay bidding) and I still feel funny about not really knowing the final costs until after the bidding is over.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6518 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I placed bids on two items (the Queen Mother and Two Loons Canadian silver dollars but lost both to the one bidder after me.

you will get opportunities, don't worry.
When I bought this coin - Two Loons - (from Canada Post), it was on it's peak. Hot.
But when decided to sell, the interest was very low, just few bids, and after fees I got 50% of what I've paid.
Edited by Silveroid
06/24/2019 10:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
671 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember when the Parasaurolophus coin was $300-$400? You can find them for $40 or less now.
Edited by JGG
06/24/2019 10:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2019  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up buying the "Two Loons" dollar last night on eBay for much lower than my losing bid on Sunday was for. Now I'm delighted I lost the auction!
Actually, I should take at least a year off of coin buying as it's not helping my ever-increasing debt. The 25% interest each month is killing me.

PS: I drove out to Colonial Acres two weeks ago and found it to be a pretty nice place to shop. I picked up several items that are hard to find here in Detroit, and at decent pricing. At this time I fully recommend shopping there.
Edited by atticguy
06/25/2019 1:30 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05