Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Copper Plated Zinc Production Video Including Electroplating And Burnishing

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 592Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1482 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2019  10:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Jarden Zinc Products in Tenn. produce the Lincoln cent planchets for the US mint.
Found this video on the production of Lincoln cent planchets last year and wanted to make sure I could find it a little easier in the future if needed. It was originally posted by Jarden dec. 5, 2016.
(It was on their FB page)
-LOk_YJrqiY

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
I thought others might be interested in this process if they hadn't seen it before.
Enjoy!
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only if the uploader hadn't deleted their account.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1482 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found another video (2015) from inside the tanks (I think). It's either washing/annealing the blanks prior to plating or during the plating process itself.

There is an interesting elongated item
(with light bluegreen plastic handle) visible before starting the video and at the 1:02 1:25, 1:55 mark. 1:55 is the best view of it.
Any ideas on what this item might be for?

And does anyone know how to save this video in case the OP's account of the new video is deleted also?

BTW- Jarden Zinc changed its name after being bought by the private equity firm, Los Angeles-based One Rock Capital Partners (Mitsubishi is the largest investor)

https://www.metalconstructionnews.c...nd-to-artazn
Here is a quote from the link.
"Greeneville, Tenn.-based Jarden Zinc Products LLC, a Jarden Process Solutions company, announced new company names and branding. Jarden Zinc Products is now ARTAZN LLC with its ARTAZN brand and domain artazn.com. Additionally, Jarden Process Solutions based in Greer, S.C., is now Jadex Inc."

"In May 2019, the organization was purchased by Los Angeles-based One Rock Capital Partners, a private equity firm focused on creating value by investing in high-potential, middle-market companies."
(Translation: 1 cent plachets will probably cost two-fitty before long.)

Uh oh! The mint thinks it's expensive to produce cents now. Well, give One Rock Capital Partners some time, and they're bound to reduce the price!! (Yeah, that's what "Private Equity" firms are known for? )

YxMP3c_Nhzg

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Edited by Petespockets55
06/24/2020 07:59 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16779 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This appears to be a drying tumbler and the object is probably to help make sure any clumps are broken up. (it could also be a sensor detecting moisture content.)
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1482 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for looking Condor and I never thought of a drying tumbler, but if you look closely at the top of the basket you can actually see bubbles. I'm pretty sure the haziness of the image is from being immersed in liquid with light filtering down.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16779 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No they don't tumble like they are falling through a high viscosity medium like a liquid. They act like they are tumbling though air.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1482 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are the "bubbles" or rippling at the top of the basket?
It appears the top of the basket exits the liquid, which is causing the commotion on the surface.

It is a little hard to make out but looks like the surface of a liquid (slightly reflective) when viewed from below (like scuba diving or snorkling or looking in a fish tank and looking at the surface.)

EDIT: I just noticed there are 2-3 small bubbles at the 1:14 mark of the video. Just to the left of center.

BTW- This is the same type of basket shown and used in the original video. It's possible/probable they would use the same basket for drying.

One more item- Here is a link to an article on the company and it's current president (and author of the video above).
http://bjournal.com/jarden-zinc-pro...-artazn-llc/

I wouldn't be surprised if the purging of the original video has to do with the new Equity firm "protecting" it's investment by "scrubbing" internet marketing accounts. I wish I knew how to make a copy of this video ("4 5 RPM's Standard Dangler") to have on hand for the next time when the Youtube video disappears.
Edited by Petespockets55
07/07/2020 02:38 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 592Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05