Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Union Bank (Whats The Deal)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
555 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  10:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Saw these notes on the latest CNCA online auction and it was love at first sight.

Des anyone know any information on these notes? I find the colours beautiful.

Thank you for any information.

Valued Member
Canada
129 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2019  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1665 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those really do look beautiful.
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the color and design of these notes. Any idea what an expected hammer price will be?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4335 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are in the RCNA TCNC auction bidding is now on
Pillar of the Community
Canada
537 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any idea what an expected hammer price will be?

I got this from "Bob" a moderator from CPMF:

Quote:
Values for UNC are $500 for $5, $10, $20; $600 for $50 and $700 for $100.

You should keep in mind that these are "proofs" not issued bank notes but more like specimens the printers used (I believe). It is a very niche market for these.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
555 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How do you know they are proofs, it doesn't describe them as proofs in the auction.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
555 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@singer, I the think the low denomination will go for $1000- $1500 before commission and tax. The $20 and up I think will go for $2000 to $2500. That said, I have never been right with this auction site. Prices always go beyond my projections.
Edited by TheBurnz
07/15/2019 1:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
555 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol, I was trying to figure out how you can tell these are proofs and just now I realized...No serial numbers.

So my research on proofs is that these are not legal tenter and can be considered counterfeit. Is this correct?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
537 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So my research on proofs is that these are not legal tenter and can be considered counterfeit. Is this correct?

No, as posted earlier- they're printer's proofs. They would not be up for auction if they were counterfeits.

For a brief, but recent discussion on counterfeit go to:
http://goccf.com/t/346347&whichpage=5
and note "SteveinTampa" & "Baddog's" posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05