Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

More Commemorative Circulation Toonies And Loonies Coming (In 2020)

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 5,524Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2020  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful. Good luck finding those in change. I'm guessing the mint isn't doing coin exchanges for this one?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2257 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife got this at work yesterday.

RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was lucky last week as you can see.
Please don't ask to by rolls, thanks.

Valued Member
Canada
415 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, you scooped up nearly the entire alottment of one branch's delivery. Nice score.
Edited by Coinsplus
08/07/2020 12:56 am
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's quite the hoard. What are your plans for them?
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm checking them for ms 66 or 67 (for now maybe a 65 non color, ms 64 or lower for the colored version).

For now I'm keeping onopen the rolls with a color at one end and a non colored at the other end. They are rare.

For now the average non colored per roll is 5 coin.

I have still 47 roll to do.

I might sell some in my region as the chipping per roll is creasy.

to be continued

Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DannysCoinsYEG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...I wish I could have bank contacts like that to get them. Out west here, no bank (to my knowledge) has received any boxes of commemorative coins since the 2017 issues and even then some got rolls mixed in with regular recycled boxes. No banks will even order coins for me as they say they recycle coinage between other branches and cash depot center etc. Any suggestions on how to actually get some without buying the RCM's special wrapped ones for 2x FV after tax and shipping?
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Find a bank willing to order and order 4 box or higher of what denomination you want 1 or 2 days ater the official release date(check the RCM site in the news) of the coin in circulation(but it not always work).

You need to be lucky.

I don't have any contact.
Valued Member
Canada
489 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pre-COVID working in the office in downtown Toronto, it was easy to go an hit up 2-3 banks each day to see if they had rolls.
It's harder now. You generally can't call banks up because either it just goes to voicemail or a general number not specific for your local branch. That means going into the branch. Given COVID, branch hours have been reduced and there seems to be regular line-ups out the door. Maybe I'll try this for the commemorative loonies coming out, but need to have plenty of free time and as Castor sous said, be lucky.

Valued Member
Canada
450 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2020  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsnpaper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Bank (RBC) says that they cannot order these coins specifically. If they order rolls of $2 coins, some of them might be the commemoratives. I visited 5 banks (in Vancouver and Richmond, BC) and had good luck at 2. Best wishes in the hunt!
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2020  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cameroonian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bill Reid coin = great.

Commemoration of the end of ww2 = great.

Some coin celebrating a useless bureaucracy such as the UN = garbage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
852 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cameroonian; like I've heard many times in the past, "it's always the thought that counts".
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
251 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To get ready for The Coin Show, the new $2 Victory coins are up on TSC. They are asking $99.95/roll or 6 payments of $16.95 and $22.95 or 6 payments of $3.82 for the keepsake set.
Edited by rjlavoie
09/01/2020 08:37 am
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DannysCoinsYEG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mikem

Where did you see that on shopping channel they posted with regards to the new WWII toonie?
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 5,524Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05