Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Know Anything About This Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  12:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any value?

Helen Keller could find a DDO easier than me
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check Redifin's eBay Listings Check Redifin's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a Japanese 10 yen. Made of bronze I think. Minted from 1951-1989 I think. I also reckon that it's worth about .25 cents. There are a couple minted in the 50s and early 60s that are worth a good premium, but I'm rusty on how to figure out the years.

Edit: I'm about 95% positive yours is a 1966

1. I'm no expert but I'll give my two cents.

2.My favorite coin so far: 1913 Buffalo nickel matte proof type II reverse
Edited by Redifin
07/09/2019 01:34 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2807 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are common in "junk bins" at 10-20 cents each.

They are still spendable in Japan.
Learn More...
Australia
13178 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Edit: I'm about 95% positive yours is a 1966

Let's make that 100%. The coin is dated to the 41st year of the Showa emperor (also known as Hirohito), which would be AD 1966.

And yes, still legal tender in Japan; the 10 yen coin of today still has the same design and specifications - it's one of the world's last remaining circulating solid bronze coins.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05