Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Legislation Seeks 2021-CC Morgan Dollar Struck At Old Carson City Mint

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, would ya look at that. Coin World liked my rendition of the 2021-CC Morgan too. Check out their comment from their Facebook post on the subject. Fingers crossed that it will make the magazine in the near future!

Of course, I said ABSOLUTELY!
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Edited by Darth Morgan
07/25/2019 5:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15768 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All Peace dollars should have been struck like this.
or to put it another way,
none of the images in Photograde in MS60 and above, show up as well as this contrived example.

Probably best that we stick to the actually existing CC contrived Morgan example.

Edited by sel_69l
07/26/2019 07:26 am
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, would ya look at that. Coin World liked my rendition of the 2021-CC Morgan too. Check out their comment from their Facebook post on the subject. Fingers crossed that it will make the magazine in the near future!

Of course, I said ABSOLUTELY!
Outstanding!
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And here's the concept I came up with for the 2021-P High Relief Peace dollar. The host image is a 1921 PCGS MS66+ example from CoinFacts. The "0" is kind of crude since I had to create it from the "9" of 1921, but it'll do, I suppose.
Looks fantastic!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12371 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The host image is a 1921 PCGS MS66+ example from CoinFacts. The "0" is kind of crude since I had to create it from the "9" of 1921, but it'll do, I suppose.

Just as a heads up especially if you're telling Coin World they can use them, I would contact Phil at PCGS or at least PCGS and make sure it's okay with them. While they are very liberal about allowing their images to be used their one major rule is not altering the photos.

Coin World giving you public credit for an edited TrueView is something that may not go over to well with PCGS if they find out about it as a surprise
Pillar of the Community
United States
1090 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...if you're telling Coin World they can use them, I would contact Phil at PCGS or at least PCGS and make sure it's okay with them.

Absolutely agree with this

Quote:
And here's the concept I came up with for the 2021-P High Relief Peace dollar. The host image is a 1921 PCGS MS66+ example from CoinFacts. The "0" is kind of crude since I had to create it from the "9" of 1921, but it'll do, I suppose.

Why raises the question of where did the basic Morgan image for your other concept come from? Was that your own photo? or like the Peace dollar basic image grabbed from somewhere else
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just as a heads up especially if you're telling Coin World they can use them, I would contact Phil at PCGS or at least PCGS and make sure it's okay with them. While they are very liberal about allowing their images to be used their one major rule is not altering the photos.

Coin World giving you public credit for an edited TrueView is something that may not go over to well with PCGS if they find out about it as a surprise

Coin World only asked about using the Morgan image. They have not asked about the Peace dollar image, which I also shared. However, I added the information that it was made from the base TrueView image of a 1921 in MS66+ from CoinFacts. I made sure to mention this. I chose that particular image because that '21 looks like it was struck yesterday! If someone used one of my photos in this way I'd be flattered, but I realize not everyone will feel the same way. I'm just really excited about these.

Quote:
Why raises the question of where did the basic Morgan image for your other concept come from? Was that your own photo? or like the Peace dollar basic image grabbed from somewhere else

The Morgan image is all mine. The basic image, which I took, is from my 1964-D High Grade Morgan (Daniel Carr O/S). I pieced together 2021 from the numerals of a 1921 and 1900 Morgan. The CC mintmark came from an 1883-CC Morgan.

Quote:
Looks fantastic!

Thanks, bud!

EDIT: You know, out of respect for Phil, I think I'm going to at least delete the Peace dollar image from Coin World's FB post. Maybe I'll contact him personally to make sure it's OK first.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354
Edited by Darth Morgan
07/26/2019 9:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2019  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK. That image is deleted from the FB post. If the mods feel that the image should be removed from this site as well, I totally understand. Besides, maybe I shouldn't look at it too much. The actual 2021-P Peace dollar we get may pale in comparison.

jbuck- can you go ahead and delete that entire post with the Peace dollar image? I've requested the same thing over on CT. Thanks.
Edited by Darth Morgan
07/26/2019 9:46 pm
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2019  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jbuck- can you go ahead and delete that entire post with the Peace dollar image? I've requested the same thing over on CT. Thanks.
What Peace dollar image?

I do not see any Peace dollar image.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2019  10:03 am  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, buddy.
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05